Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Home

I was born in a place that not many people have heard of.It is a place I go when I need to get away from the city.A place where they take me for who I am.A place that relaxes me from all that is going in the outside world.It is a world in it's self.If you have ever been there than you would understand what I mean.But it's home.Going to church with my grandma or her sitting under the car port making ice cream.My Papa standing in the yard smoking.Riding my bike around in circles because I didn't have anything else to do.Playing on the swing set in Millie's yard and making up some kind of club with Brian and Georgia.Our clubs never lasted more than a week at the most.Laying on the track and looking up at the sky.Playing kickball and it ending in a argument.Friday night football games.Anybody that knows anything about the south knows that football is the highlight of our week.Everyone is at the game and everything closes for the game.No it may not have all the things a city has.It may not be a lot to do.Some of the people may get on your nerves but that happens every where.This place is home to me.I have more aunts and uncles than I can count.More cousins than I know what to do with.Yet most of us aren't related my blood.We are all connected because of this place.Every now and than I find myself missing it like crazy.Someone once said to me you still go back to that country place.I would never keep going back to that place.I was offended because you have never been there and that place is my home.Yes I go back because I have family there.Never judge a place until you have experienced it.It is country but hell I am country sometimes lol.But I simply told him that place is home to me.Why even try to answer a ignorant question.Home is Enterprise,Mississippi.A place that will always hold a special place in my heart.
Peace and Love!

1 comment: