Monday, June 14, 2010

Early Father's Day

I know that father's day is not until Sunday but who knows if I am going to get this posted before then.So I am going to post it today while I have it on my mind.Up until a few years ago my father had not been involved in my life.He made the decision to do other things instead of being a father.It use to really bother me that he wasn't around but one day I realized that I have been blessed with some really awesome men in my life.They were always around when I needed them to be.None of them are the same and that is what makes them great.That is what makes them special in their own way.I may not talk to them everyday but if I ever needed them they would be there for me.They would protect me from all the things that would cause harm.So yes I have been blessed with some really awesome father figures in my life.I have great brother in laws Dave and Aj(He will always be my brother in law)that have been around since I was a kid.Even though I didn't have a long relationship with my Uncle Brother he made a big impact on me.He was strong and really didn't care what people thought.He was who he was.I wish that we had more time together.My favorite memory of him is when I got into a fight at school and they had to call him.He talked to the Dean and said he would handle the situation when I got home.When I got home he called and asked what happened.His only questions was did you win the fight?I said yeah Uncle Brother I won.He replied ok then cause if you didn't I was going to come whip you and then he just hung up.Then it is the others that will always be close to my heart.Dwight(I am his Baby Bird lol) and my Uncle Robert.Two no nonsense kind of guys.But this year I am going to do something different.I am going to buy a father's day card for the first time in my life.I know my relationship with my father as a long way to go but he is trying.Most of the time I don't think he knows what to say to me but he still calls to check on me.When I go home to visit he comes and visits.I always say maybe he wouldn't have been a good father back then and now he has something to offer as a father.At least he is trying.The funny thing is I never hated him.I always loved him.He always held a special place in my heart.Happy Father's Day!

*I have something very special that I am going to write about soon.I have been waiting for this for a long time.Some people may not understand why I am so happy but I just feel so blessed right now.I can not wait to share the news!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment