Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Two Cents

I told myself I wasn't going to comment on this but here I am giving my two cents.Yesterday I read the article on Vibe with Slim Thug.People are outraged by what he said in the article.I am not outraged by what he said because he was not talking about me and he was speaking from his experiences.I had to agree with some of the things he said.Yes I am a Slim Thug fan but if I felt he was wrong I would say so.Now I know some people are not going to agree with what I am about to say but I don't really care lol.I don't think he was degrading the black women and uplifting white women.As a black person I must say that yes we have a lot of problems that we need to work out on our own before attempting to go into a relationship.I say person because our black men have some things they need to work on as well.I read through some of the comments at the end of the article and it was horrible.Most of the comments were coming black women.Let me say that they didn't help the case at all.If you are going to comment on uplifting the black woman than do you think it is a good idea to call this man out of his name and talk about his mama?Talk about the other people commenting?You are playing into the sterotype.The angry black women.I can see how it can be taken the wrong way.It could have been worded differently but I still think people would have had a problem with what was said.Others in the media go on to say that this is who our children have as role models.I have to disagree with that statement.No he is not a role model for our children and he has even said so his self.Everytime a rapper or someone says something in the public they go in on them saying think about what you say because you are a role model.I think that word is thrown around to lightly.Of course children see more than they should but as the parent you should limit what your child sees.Entertainers shouldn't raise your children.Tv should not raise your children.When I was growing up I was not allowed to sit in front of the tv all day long and listen to whatever I wanted to.I was in high school before my mother started to let us listen to some stuff.At the time I didn't understand but I do now.You have to open your children up to things.Let them experience different things so they won't have to look for the rapper to be their role model.I agree with what he said about us being messed up.News flash people we are messed up and we need a lot of work.How can we go into a healthy relationship if we have no idea what that is? It is a lot of people out here that has never been around a healthy black relationship.We put the wrong things on the top of our list of priorities.we are so worried about looking good and showing off that we forget what really matters.But once again that goes back to a stable home growing up.I understand that a lot of us didn't grow up in the best of homes but that is not an excuse to act a damn fool.Degrading our black women?I think he could have used other words to get his point across but where were these people when shows like Basketball Wives premired on tv?That show didn't make black women look good at all.If you had never been around a black woman before you would think we are all are catty, backstabbing and all about money.That set us back a couple of steps.That show was produced by a black woman.Did someone say anything to her about how these women were made to look?No.It is time for people to stop blaming others for the problems they see and start doing something about it.Slim Thug simply stated his feelings from his experiences so how is that wrong? So entertainers can't speak from their experiences or speak their opinions on things.Don't single out one person and make them look like the bad guy when others degrade us everyday.Where are you all then?All this time was spent on radio stations and tv shows talking about this when it is so much more that could have been discussed.What about all these shootings involving children and innocent people?Are we going to get more police help on the street?We could do alot better than we are.But it is the very people that is complaining and commenting that is not going to do anything.You do your part in uplifting the people and not worry about what the next man is doing.If it is so bad than he will have to pay for that later.We take the wrong things and blow them up into something bigger than they are.Find a real cause to get behind and support.
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment