Friday, September 24, 2010

Responsibility

Recently my mind has been all over the place trying to figure some things out so I haven't had time to post anything.The other day I had a really interesting conversation with a friend of mine.I have asked her this question so many times that I have lost count.When are you going to start taking some responsibility for your actions?I know that sometimes we all slack off and let things fall to the waist side.But we realized it and make some changes to fix the problem.Now I have to admit that I have helped enable in her in some of her problems and listen to the nonsense that she talks on a daily basis.I have always wanted her to have the best in life and achieve all the goals that she once had for herself.But how can she get there when she will not take responsibility for the situation she has created for herself.No matter the situation she can come up with a reason why she can not do what ever needs to be done.If that was the case than everyone would be full of excuses.So I guess my question is when do we start taking responsibility for our actions?Growing up we want so bad to be an adult and have all that comes along with it.All the while we are wishing for that day to come,we have no idea how much responsibility comes with it.We want to live on our own but we have no idea what rent is going to cost.We want to work a job that starts us out at the top.Never once realizing that we have to start from the bottom and work our way to the top.We want all the things that along with being an adult but not the responsibility.I know that she did not want to hear that from me but she needed to hear it.Sometimes we get our priorities so screwed up that we lose track of what really matters.Growing up all she wanted was to be grown.Now that you are a grown up it is time to step away from all the childish games and take some responsibility for yourself.We can not expect our family and friends to pick up the slack for us.Maybe I got to through to her and then again maybe I didn't.All I can hope is that one day soon she will understand what everyone around her has been saying for years.

Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment