Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lately I have noticed that many people aren't to happy about the decision I made to be a part of a long distance relationship. I really don't see how this has anything to do with anyone else but let's just roll with it for now.I have heard some crazy things the last couple of weeks.Here are just a few:

"Are you sure you want to do this cause it is crazy?"
"I didn't realized how stupid you were for believing that something like this can work"
"You know he's cheating on you right?"
"How can you really call it a relationship if you don't see each other everyday?"
"You can't find a man here so you are going to try the long distant thing huh?"
"Why do you want to do this to yourself cause you are going to get hurt in the long run?"
"Please just leave your options open" (I think this is my favorite so far.)

I find it very interesting that all of a sudden people are so concerned.I am really confused about this.The part that really gets me is that they bring this up on their own.I thought I had heard it all but the other night was the icing on the cake.I will give you the quick version of the story.This person I dated for a while decided to give me his opinion on my relationship.I guess that is what really got me upset.Why is this topic of discussion?I am not getting the big deal.So while I listened to this person give me all the shade he could find I thought to myself leaving you alone was the best decision I ever made.I can be by myself for the rest of my life and be happy with the fact that this person isn't around.I can understand an ex throwing shade but people who just feel like they need to say something.A long distance relationship may not work for you but it works for us.I think people should be happy for others when they are truly happy.But I guess the new thing is saying hurtful things to people for doing something different with their life.What gives you the right to judge what I am doing?Example of what I am talking about.The guy that made the comment about being stupid said I don't have a real job, I don't have a place to stay of my own, I have two kids and I am just out trying to have some fun.He said I should give him a chance because he is here.So apparently I look desperate because I would have to be to go into a relationship knowing you have nothing to offer.It is so much wrong with that situation right there.Being with someone just because they are here is the wrong reason to go in to a relationship with that person.I think it is sad when people don't respect other peoples decision.I believe that everyone should do what makes them happy.This makes me happy.I may say whatever and play it off but those are some hurtful things to say someone.
I get the fact that you don't like it but let's just agree to disagree.If you do what is best for you, trust me I will do the same for myself.
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment